28 Dec 10 things you probably don’t know about me
10 things you probably don’t know about me…..
WARNING: SOME THINGS MAY OFFEND YOU AND YOU MAY CHOOSE TO UNFRIEND ME. I love you anyway xxx
- I was born on a cattle station deep in the NSW outback – yep, that red, red Australian dirt.
- I learnt to drive a manual ute at 12 years old and drove over 300kms in one of the first days of learning on the red dirt roads in that beautiful country that lives in my blood.
- I can shoot a 22 rifle and know how to skin foxes, rabbits and kangaroos. My Dad was a professional fox shooter when I was a baby (keep in mind this was 32 years ago!) He taught me how to use a rifle with safety at 12 years old and how to use the WHOLE animal, every single part, even down to making string and rope from the tendons in the Kangaroo tail that are extremely strong. We would also use the meat for bait to catch more bush tucker of yabbies and childhood memories of peeling soooo many yabbies are clear in my mind.
- I love my V8’s and my luxury cars. Mmmmm that rumbling sound beneath me…..
- I am a hard core raver deep at heart and every weekend frequented the Brisbane Rave scene from 2003-2006. I attended my first ever festival in Perth, when I was underage (17) with fake ID – and we travelled in style by limousine and it was my very first introduction to breaks and drum and bass (and heavy drugs!). I am forever grateful to my ex at that time, and have never looked back music wise.
- I can out dance everyone on the dance floor and dance all night with no drugs nowadays – as long as the music is right – its either Breaks, Drum n Bass, Trance, Psy-Trance or Happy Hardcore
- I love watching the Cricket
- I got my first surf board, 6′ x 20″x 2 1/2″ when I was 30 years old, never took a lesson, just tips from people, the many Surfing Mums Australia days and grateful to my ex, for many surf expeditions to my local giving me this life long gift of magic. Everyone kept saying if I got a long board I would be standing up quicker and they were probably right, but I didn’t want a long board. I love my short board.
- As a kid, every school holidays, I would fly to either Cairns or my hometown in the outback (mind you asking Dad to get the extra long flight from Perth via Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns – just because I loved flying so much), to visit Dad and he would take me on these amazing adventures. I have travelled extensively Cairns, and Far North QLD, the Great Barrier Reef, The Daintree and been off more bush beaten tracks than I can remember, even with open gash wounds from oyster shells, miles from anywhere that cut feet crossing crocodile infested waters that bush tucker Dad healed with coconut water straight from the palm trees and a ripped part of my t-shirt!
- If you have been out on the town with me, or anywhere for that matter of fact, you will know I can hold my own, drink well, and that no one messes with me or my friends when I smell bullshit a mile away.
I would NOT change one single thing… I love all of me. Every single ‘good’ and ‘bad’ part of my past… because it has made me who I am now.
THIS is how I got the nickname, “You’re like some hippie, raver, surfing, bogan chic.” – Yeah, pretty much lol 🙂 Love xxx